Sunday, May 20, 2012

Welcome

Hello world. My name is Christina and I am starting this blog to document my current journey.  I think that a person takes many journeys throughout life.  I hope that I have successfully completed a few of my journeys.  The one I am currently navigating is the journey from “crafter” to “”artist.  It is difficult to even define the difference between art and craft, but I feel that I am not an artist yet.  Hopefully I will know when I finally get there.

While growing up I participated in many creative projects with the help of my mother and older sister:  cross-stitch (loved it), knitting (hated it), crocheting (mildly rewarding), sewing (frustrating) and a brief love affair with the Ronco BeDazzler.  As an adult I had many happy years of scrapbooking and then spent a fair amount of time and money beading.  None of these filled my desire to be truly creative so I have embarked on a focused effort to become an artist.  My current medium of choice is paint and paper, but I am still exploring.  I don’t know if I have found my place yet.

Future blog posts will contain my thoughts, my struggles, my successes, some photos, and hopefully guests posts from friends who love art.  I know that I am not the only one on this journey because I have met people like me at art retreats, bead shows, and in everyday life.  I try to gain insight from everyone I meet and now I have a place to share my insights with others. Or maybe this is just a place for me to organize my thoughts.  Who knows what this blog will become?

I’ll be back soon.
-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment