Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Handmade Book Project

This week I taught some friends how to make a book.  My friends have a mother/daughter art group that meets once a month to exercise their creativity.  What a wonderful idea!  I was invited to teach them how to create a small 4” x 4” book using decorative papers, matte boards, and a canvas spine.  I learned to make this book at Art and Soul.
My book



This was my first opportunity to teach a book project.  I wrote very detailed directions – with photos – but I wasn’t sure how long the project would take.  It ended up taking 4 ½ hours.  My students were experienced crafters and they took lots of time being colorful and creative.  The end products were fabulous.
 

Creating the cover

Adding pages



Sewing it together

Final Product

I can’t wait to teach this class again.
-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment