Sunday, October 28, 2012

Let's Play

I had an artist play date last weekend.  My friend and I played with molding paste and stencils.  I shared with her the technique of creating texture by spreading molding paste over a stencil.  The only bad thing is that the paste takes a while to dry.  We used a hair dryer to speed things up.


We decided to create a collage using a canvas board, paper and paint.  My friend has an extensive stamp collection so she used stamps on her project as well as paper.
My friend's collage with paper and molding paste (the
green leaves and light pink splats are paste)
I tried 2 different stencils on my board.  One worked well (the flowers on the right) and the other one did not look as good (squares on the left).  I painted over the dried molding paste with Golden fluid acrylics.
My collage - paper, molding paste,
and paint
I love having art play dates with my friends.  We each have different kinds of items in our artists stashes and it fun to share new things.  Luckily, I have 2 more play dates on my calendar already.
-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment