Monday, February 18, 2013

The Lettering Continues

I am a little more than halfway through the Artful Lettering online class from Joanne Sharp.  I have enjoyed her daily lessons.  Admittedly I am not spending tons of time on them because I have other distractions.  I am skipping some lessons entirely with the rationalization that I will go back and do them later (probably not).  All in all, though, I like the class and I like her as an instructor.

Here are 3 of the lessons that I have completed.
Joann calls this the "letter vortex."  I think I should have added more letters, especially smaller ones toward the center, to give it more of a vortex look.  I used my Tombow markers and it was good practice.  I love the bright colors.
Who doesn't love a Word Cloud??  I make these all the time using the website Wordle but this is the first time I have made one by hand.  I really like the way this turned out and I plan to make more of these.  Joann suggests using the same color family so my next one will probably be all blues . . . or reds. . . fuchsia, maybe. . . .
This lesson was all about creating a "masterpiece" using tiny brush strokes.  I would like to repeat this a few times using different sized brushes and trying different degrees of blending the colors.  It was difficult to know when to stop working on this piece.  That's a problem I run into frequently.  I'm not the only one who has that problem, right?

-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment