Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Something Cool


Recently I attended the One of a Kind Show in Chicago.  It’s a show featuring 600 artists selling handmade items.  Unfortunately, the facility was packed which made it nearly impossible to see the items in each booth.  I didn’t really enjoy the event, but I did see one booth that made me smile and gasp at the same time.



The booth contained canvases that were made up of paint chips.  The directions under each canvas stated to view the art through a cell phone.  And this is what it looked like ...


In real life, the artwork was amazing.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  To take small colored squares and turn them into recognizable faces is truly impressive.  Can you tell this is Frida Kahlo? 


Personally I love making art with paint chips.  Have you ever tried it?  You should!

- christina

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. I'm inspired, and I did not think there was anymore room in my head for new ideas.

    ReplyDelete