Thursday, May 24, 2012

Finding my "Thing"

I love astrology.  I think it’s fun, fascinating and often freakishly accurate.  But that’s just me.  I had my chart read recently and I was told that people like me (Virgo in 10 houses) usually have something that they are intuitively good at.  A gift, of sorts.  The astrologer asked me what I thought my gift was.  My response was, “I have no idea.”  So here I am, well into mid-life, and I don’t know what my gift is.  I am sure that I am creative and I feel like that part of me is an undiscovered land where I can find joy and fulfillment.  So I want my gift to be something creative.  That is where I plan to look.

Which brings me to the search for my artistic “thing.”  A few years ago I thought that beading might be my thing, but that is not the case.  Beading was fun but not fulfilling.  I am drawn to creating metal jewelry, but not compelled to really explore that arena.  My “thing” should definitely be compelling, pulling me forward to discover new techniques and to improve my skills.  So I am turning away from jewelry and looking in another direction. 

nojhan, flickr.com


I really like working with paper.  It seems to offer so many possibilities.  I also want to learn about color.  So that is my focus right now.  Paper and color.  Hopefully something special will come from my experimentations because every woman needs to find her “thing” someday.

-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment