Thursday, June 7, 2012

Learning New Things

My trip to CREATE, Ca., was a great success.  I loved taking classes from Alisa Burke.  If you aren’t familiar with her, check out her blog here. 
Alisa Burke (right) and me
The most exciting thing I learned in California was free motion stitching.  We were able to use Bernina sewing machines in the stitching class and I am now having a lustful relationship with Bernina.  The machines were fabulous – automatic needle treading, automatic bobbin threading.  If it also gave me words of encouragement it would be the perfect machine!  I made 10 pieces but these 2 are my favorites.
An important lesson that I have learned through taking classes is not to stop partway through a project.  Even if things aren't turning out the way I want, I need to keep going.  It will get better and I will be able to make something good out of it.
CREATE is being held in Chicago at the end of August.  I'm not sure whether I will be taking any classes but it certainly is hard to resist an event that is only 5 miles away. 
I hope you create something today.
-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment