Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bead & Button

I just returned from the Bead and Button Show in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  It's the fifth year I have attended (or maybe the sixth).  I was going to skip it this year, but my BFF flew in from Florida and I couldn't miss the opportunity to hang out with her.  As usual, the exhibit hall was filled with beautiful baubles that were hard to resist.

Here is the Beadin' Path booth (a vendor from Portland, Maine).



I bought some beautiful lampwork beads from artist Marcia Kmack of Cave Creek Glassworks.
Then there was the My Elements booth.  Oh my goodness, I can't resist these little rubber components. The items may not look like much in the Etsy store, but here are some inspiring samples from the booth.





Finally, there were some amazing pieces on display as part of the Bead Dreams contest.  Here are 2 of my favorites.
A corset made of coins!

A 365 project - embellished Carmex jars!
The creativity of the vendors (booths, displays, packaging), artists, and contestants was so exciting and invigorating.  I am back at home now pulling out my tools, beads, and components to see what I can make.

-christina









No comments:

Post a Comment