Sunday, February 23, 2014

Florida


Ah, vacation time!  I travelled to Florida in the middle of February to visit my BFF for a long weekend.  It was good timing because the weather in the Midwest has been crazy cold and I was beginning to forget what the warmth of the sun felt like.  My BFF had lots of art projects planned for us and I will write about them in a later post.  We also spent time outside and I was thrilled to be experiencing sunshine again.








One of the places we visited during my stay was Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens in Coral Gables.  I used to go there with my family as a child, but I had not been there in decades. 






Fairchild Gardens is a very beautiful, colorful, and inspiring place, especially to someone who has been bundled up for months looking only at the colors “white snow” and “dirty snow.”


I am very happy that I got to spend time with my BFF and her family (her husband, kids and grandkids).  I soaked up the warm weather, exercised my creativity, drank, laughed, and had awesome conversations.  We also cried a little together which is exactly what best friends are for. 

I made a new friend at Fairchild Gardens.
She just wouldn't stop talking!





I hope you get to spend time with your best friend soon.

- christina

1 comment: