Monday, March 31, 2014

The Traveling Journal


I have a friend who moved to California a few years ago.  She and I are sending a journal back and forth between us as a way to keep in touch. It takes us each about a month (or more) to complete a page and then return the journal so it will be a while before we fill up the book!
This journal was made by my
BFF using a file folder.
I made the first page and sent
it to my friend.
She made the next page - song
lyrics and quotes all about friendship.
For my next page I decided to use a collage and paint technique I saw on a Cloth Paper Scissors video.  I also used a Jane Davenport stencil for the face.  
Phase 1: collage

The final product
I wrote on the hair - "She dreamt of home and the people left behind."  My friend moved away from her family and she misses them very much.  I'm sending the journal off today. I hope she likes this page and I can't wait to get the journal back (no pressure though, in case she is reading this).

- christina

1 comment: