Friday, June 13, 2014

Summer Goals

I am a teacher and, like my students, I am giddy with excitement because summer break has begun. (Yay!) Summer seems to fly by and I want to feel that I have spent my time wisely.  In order to get that feeling of accomplishment, I have to define summer goals.  Sometimes this is a long list, but not this year.
 
(sunshinecity @ flickr.com)

I have 2 very specific goals for this summer: make 20 journals and sew 20 canvas pouches.  These items will be sold at CREATE Chicago in August.  My friend is going to have a vendor table at the event where she will sell hand-dyed fabric and she is allowing me to add to her items for sale.  It’s going to take me all summer to make these items, but I am excited about the prospect of selling my work to the public.  I am not confident enough to do a big art show or flea market, but the CREATE event is small and somehow feels “safe.”  I guess because I am one of the attendees and I have purchased wonderful stuff in the past.

I will post my progress as the summer continues.  I hope that you have fabulous summer plans as well.


- christina

1 comment:

  1. Two goals are very doable over the next 66 days so get creating and I will be checking in!

    ReplyDelete