Monday, September 22, 2014

Lola

If you have been reading my blog you know that I have wanted a Bernina sewing machine for a long time. I finally bought one at CREATE in August!  Her name is Lola.


I got a great deal ($999 for a $1,499 machine) from the local Bernina store and the company rep at the retreat.  Isn’t she is a beautiful machine?  The first time I turned it on it made a terrible noise.  I read the manual but couldn’t determine the problem.  I contacted the store and after talking to 2 different people we finally figured it out (it was a switch up on the top by the bobbin winder). 

My first training at the store isn’t until September 27, but I have been able to sew a few straight and squiggly lines already.  Unfortunately, I can’t figure out the automatic threader, which is one of the features that I need most desperately!  All in good time.

Buying Lola was a dream come true for me.  Which of your dreams have come true lately?


- christina

3 comments:

  1. Lola is beautiful. I don't really have a dream to own a particular item. However, I would like to be valued and appreciated for the words I say or the gifts I give as a friend, teacher, sister or mother. Being recognized as a kind and thoughtful person...that's my dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks for sharing your dream. As your friend, I can personally say that I value the time we spend together and the way you help me on my journey to become a better person. I can't wait to go on Christmas vacation together!

      Delete
  2. My machine is 40 years old and it doesn't even have a name. What a bad mother I am. How about Zola?

    ReplyDelete