Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Surprise for Me!

My BFF is the best!  When I visited her in August, she surprised me with a trip to a scrapbooking store where we were enrolled in a half-day art class.  She didn’t tell me anything about the class in advance. I just walked into the store to discover …
… the class was being taught by Dina Wakley!  I love Dina Wakley!  She is a mixed-media artist whom I have followed online for a few years.  The class was focused on using animals in your art journaling, which is not really my thing, but I was happy just to be working with Dina. 
 
Don't you love Dina?!?
Dina grabbed my phone and took a ton of selflies
with me and my BFF.
Here is a sample project from the class.  We took a photo of an animal, painted over it, and then embellished the piece with crayons and a Stabilo pencil.
 
In the beginning, there was a fox.
In the end, he was painted and embellished.
Now he looks cool.
My BFF chose a pig instead of a fox.
When I got home, I invited 2 friends over and showed them another technique that Dina taught.  We started by gluing parts of book pages on a sheet, then followed up with stencils and stamps.  Finally we decided on the shape for the focal point and painted out the rest of the page.







I loved sharing art with my friends and look forward to doing it again soon.


- christina

1 comment: