Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year's Eve

For New Year's Eve, my friend and I went to a painting party at Bottle & Bottega.  This is a franchise that holds private and open painting parties where the participants copy a piece of art under the direction of an art instructor.  I don't really like the idea of recreating an existing painting, but it seemed like an interesting thing to try and we could bring our own champagne to the event.

Here is the picture that we were painting.
My photocopy
And here is my painting.  I had to change something so I used a different color scheme.
My version of the painting
I apparently have trouble with straight lines since the stem of my glass is crooked.  I must remember that in the future.

It was a fun evening, mostly because I enjoyed being with my friend.  Happy 2013, everyone!
-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment