Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pinterest Inspired Project

I had an art play date with a friend who is a self-proclaimed Pinterest addict.  She chose the project from her vast collection of ideas within her Pinterest boards.  She chose a steampunk message clip made from a mouse trap.

Steampunk is not a style I work with very much but I gave it a shot.  At first I used the color red on my mouse trap but quickly realized that it looked like mouse blood (yuck!).  I changed to brown and ended up with turquoise as well, a color combination that I find myself returning to again and again.
My message clip - notice the Eiffel Tower
stamp in honor of my upcoming summer trip to Paris 

My friend's steampunk message clip
Now I have to figure out where to hang my message clip.  By the front door?  On the refrigerator?  Next to the spot on the counter where I always put my purse?  Decisions, decisions.

-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment