Monday, July 8, 2013

Off to Paris

On Wednesday, I leave for 2 weeks in Paris. I have been planning this trip for over a year and I am extremely excited (an understatement).  I am traveling with my sister and my BFF so I know we will have a great time.  We are bringing art supplies, but have tried to keep things to a minimum.  My BFF kept her supplies confined to a cigar box, with just a few items flowing over (paper, brushes, etc.)  I decided to just carry items separately, but I did have to quickly sew a zippered pouch.  I used some painted canvas that I had lying around (thank you, Alyssa Burke, for the inspiration).

Here are the items that I am packing.

I am bringing pens and pencils, of course.  I just bought a pack of Faber-Castell Pitt pens (brush tip) in 6 different colors. I also bought a brown fine tip because I seem to always "wish" I had a good brown pen.  Elmer's Extreme is my favorite glue, so that is coming on the trip.  The brushes are coming because I am bringing a tiny bit of gesso and matte medium as well as . . .


. . . watercolors.  I have a travel watercolor kit made by Koi which has never actually travelled with me before.  I am also taking colored (watercolor) pencils.  I mustn't forget to pack the pencil sharpener.

As well as bits of watercolor paper, I am bringing index cards to continue my ICAD participation.  In a creative burst, I decided to make my own index card holder.  I used an old calendar and it turned out beautifully.  So beautiful, in fact, that I couldn't bear to have it smashed in my luggage, so I bought a plastic one for a dollar at Target (the black and white one).


Hopefully I have all the necessities. I am sure we will visit an art store in Paris where I will buy something wonderful to bring home. And I hope to create a proper art journal to document the entire trip.

See you in August. Au revoir.
-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment