Sunday, September 15, 2013

ATCs


I just attended my very first MeetUp and I’m happy to say it was very fun. I recently joined a group called “West Suburban Art Junkies” and the MeetUp was making ATCs.

ATC stands for Artist Trading Card.  They have to be 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches and should be traded not sold.  The MeetUp was held at the organizer’s house and she was kind enough to share all of her supplies with the 8 women who attended.  I had brought along some words that I had cut out of a magazine and tried to use those on all of my cards. 



I made 5 cards in total, which meant that I could select 5 cards from my fellow artists.  It was fun to see what everyone had made in the few hours that we created together.


I enjoyed meeting these women and plan to attend another MeetUp.  Rumor has it, we will be making shadow boxes next time.  That's another thing I have never done before.

Cheers to new experiences and new friends!
- christina

PS.  Click here if you want to learn more about MeetUp.

No comments:

Post a Comment