Friday, September 27, 2013

No Longer a Gelli Print Virgin


My BFF bought me a Gelli Plate for my birthday (I do so love her).  I have been watching Gelli printing videos on YouTube for months so I was anxious to break it in.  It is a wonderful tool to help me reach my goal of 100 decorated papers by the end of 2013.

I decided to start my Gelli experimentation using craft paint and stencils.  Here are the results.



Through the printmaking process, I learned something very important about myself.  I like my art tools to be CLEAN.  I mean really clean.  Clean like right out of the box/wrapping/packaging.  I have to come to grips with the fact that my Gelli plate has been slightly stained but it bugs me that my stencils are discolored as well.  And I scrubbed the dickens out of my brayer to get it clean.  I know that I need to relax about the messy nature of the Gelli but it will be a challenge for me.  Hey, personal growth is a good thing, right?

 I completed 9 papers today, which brings my total to 22.  I am almost one-quarter of the way to my goal.
- christina

No comments:

Post a Comment