Sunday, October 27, 2013

Museums


Museums leave me feeling inspired, but also intimidated.  I endeavor to understand the pieces that are collected in museums because surely it will help me understand the history and nature of art. Sometimes I am successful and often times I am not.  My sister, the artist, has taught me that sometimes art is important because the artist was able to imagine something entirely new and then dared to actually create it.  My favorite example of this is a painting she and I saw in a Washington DC museum where the artist had attached slices of bread to a canvas and then painted the whole thing white.  He was both imaginative and daring.

My travelling companions and I visited quite a few museums during our European trip this past summer.  Although photos are usually not allowed, I was able to capture a few of my favorite pieces.


These pictures are by Robert Delauney from the Musee d'Art Moderne in Paris.


These pieces are from the Louisiana Museum in Copenhagen.

I am attracted to the color, line and shape of abstract art.  Hopefully one day I will be daring enough to actually create my own abstract art.
- christina

No comments:

Post a Comment