Thursday, November 14, 2013

Colored Pencils

www.fanpop.com


Recently I went to the Nature Artists Guild Exhibit at the Arboretum.  The art was mostly drawings, some oil and acrylic paintings, some fiber art, and 2 pieces of jewelry.  I was impressed with many of the pieces, but the ones that really caught my eye were done with colored pencils.  I was amazed at the level of detail in the close-up drawings of flowers.  I could see the veins of the leaves and the hairs on the stems.  How sharp must these colored pencils be in order to create those tiny lines?

www.funnyphotos4u.com
I wanted to learn more about colored pencil drawings so I went online and did a search.  I discovered the Colored Pencil Society of America website (www.cpsa.org).  They have an amazing online exhibition every year called Explore This.  I would swear that some of the pieces are actually photographs.


Looks like I will be adding "create beautiful art with colored pencils" to my list of things to do.  So little time, so many art supplies to play with!

- christina

No comments:

Post a Comment