Thursday, July 31, 2014

Visiting My Sister

I visited my sister in Maine for a week in July and had a great time.  She is an artist who is currently obsessed with making jewelry using foam - the colorful kind of foam that kids use to make art projects.  She is designing earring, necklaces, and bracelets that are colorful, creative, and fun.

The purpose of my visit was to help her write instructions for making her foam jewelry.  I have read a lot of books that contain directions on how to make stuff: jewelry, paintings, books, collage, and more.  I also write technical instructions as part of my job.  That means I have a little more experience than my sister when it comes to writing directions. 


So many instructions - so little time

Foam comes in a rainbow of colors

My work table

While in Maine, I made 10 pairs of earrings using my sister’s instructions and edited what she had written.  Her ultimate goal is to publish a book and she is working diligently toward that goal.  I am very proud of her for being so focused and productive.  Whether she publishes a book or not, she has accomplished a lot.

One of the necklaces my sister has created using foam
- christina


No comments:

Post a Comment