Saturday, January 3, 2015

Word for 2015

I don’t like to make New Year’s resolutions.  Instead, I prefer to select a word for the year.  Selecting the right word is more difficult than you might imagine.  This word will guide my actions and decisions throughout the year so the nuance of the word is important.  After talking to my sister for about 3 hours and looking at the definitions of many words, I finally selected my word for 2015.

nurture

I wanted a word that expressed my desire to look outward more than inward.  Sometimes I spend too much time analyzing myself and I would like to focus more on my connection to other people.  I would like to be more thoughtful and more giving.  The word “nurture” expresses my desire to “encourage the growth and development of” my friends, my friendships, and also myself. 
 
flickr.com/dorkymum
Please take a moment to comment on this post and share your word for the year.  I would love to know what you have chosen to guide you through 2015.  Happy New Year, everyone.

- christina


By the way, my word for 2014 was stretch. I am happy to say that I was very successful in stretching myself last year in multiple ways – professionally, artistically, and relationshiply (I made that last word up).

5 comments:

  1. Christina, you did an awesome stretching to your potential last year. I totally forgot my word for last year. In 2015 I chose confidence, but now I am unsure of my word. Need to rethink...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think CONFIDENCE is the perfect word for you this year, artist0607! You have so many wonderful things planned and also some challenges. You will have a great year if you stay confident.
      Christina

      Delete
  2. I love your word for 2015! My word is NO. That sounds negative but I plan to use it in a positive way to take more control over situations (when I can).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go, girl! Like the proverb suggests, "the wisdom to know the difference" between things I can control and things I cannot is a challenge for all of us. If you are successful with NO this year, maybe your word for 2016 can be MAYBE. :)
      Christina

      Delete