Sunday, February 22, 2015

Art in Junior High

My friend is the art teacher at the junior high in my school district.  We talk a lot about the importance of art for young people and how to help them enjoy art as a creator and an observer.

When my son took my friend’s art class, he made one piece that he still loves 5 years later.

My son's favorite art piece. 

Here is the technique and some samples from a recent 7th grade class.

The lines create quadrants to help
the students copy the image with precision.

M&M's is an excellent choice!





This is an art piece that I would like to create myself, but I haven’t decided which box or wrapper I would use.  A fiber-rich cereal box just doesn’t seem like the right choice.  Maybe a wine bottle label!  Oh yeah, now we’re talking.  Which box, wrapper, or label would you choose?

- christina

1 comment:

  1. Like the wine bottle label! Pop art for adults. I love bulls eye caramels, so that would be fun to draw. One big bulls-eye! I think I might add that to my classroom collection.

    ReplyDelete