Thursday, April 23, 2015

Collaborative Art


My BFF came to visit me over Spring Break and we had lots of fun.  When we get together we always do at least one art project.  For the recent visit we wanted to try an abstract piece so we began by watching videos by Jane Davies.   Then we tried our hand(s) at painting, stamping, and mark making.

We started by painting a large piece of paper with
multiple shades of a single color.

We collaged the painted paper.
Just a little but not too much.

We painted 2 more layers (harder than it sounds) and
added some stamping and other marks.

How do you know when you are done?
Sometimes you're done when run out of time.

More marks and some stamped tissue paper were added.

After my BFF left, I cut the large paper into 8 equal parts.
The final pieces are 6" x 6" and glued onto mat board.


I added some more color using caran d’arche crayons.  I think it’s done but you never know if I might add another splotch here or there.  I’m not sure where to hang this collection yet but I like the way it turned out.  Thanks, BFF, for helping me make this!


- christina

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great!! I definitely want to try this many more time and see what evolves and if we every get to a point where we "know" when its finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You followed through and cut out your 6 x 6 pieces…that is a real accomplishment! It turn out bright and colorful.

    ReplyDelete