Sunday, May 31, 2015

Minneapolis Sculpture Garden

The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is located downtown near the Walker Art Center.  I discovered it when I was visiting St Paul.  Looking through the “things to go in the area” magazine in the hotel, I saw a picture of Spoonbridge and Cherry.  I had to see it in person.  In less than 45 minutes I was in Minneapolis.



Here is my other favorite sculpture from the garden.  It consisted of 4 walls that were both transparent and reflective.  I tried to take a photo to show that I could see through the glass wall to the other side and also see my reflection.  The experience differed at each of the 4 walls based on the angle of the sun.  The effect was fascinating.

My friend and I are standing on one side of the wall.
The tress in the background are on the other side of the wall.

A ghost-like reflection

This side of the wall (exactly opposite of the 1st photo)
is entirely reflective based on the sun.

The garden also includes a conservatory that houses a large, glass sculpture of a fish.  The flowers that were blooming made the conservatory smell amazing!








I want to go back to Minneapolis one day to visit the Walker Art Center, which houses contemporary art.  What are some of your favorite museums?

- christina

No comments:

Post a Comment