Monday, May 25, 2015

A Transformation

I know I frequently mention my BFF and, once again, she will be the subject of my post.  My BFF visited me over spring break with the singular goal to reorganize my 3 large craft cabinets. Yes, we always have the goal of making art when we are together (see this post), but on this visit she was like a woman possessed.  She specifically arrived one day early to tackle my cabinets while I was at work.  Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, she pulled efficiency out of chaos and clutter!  And she enjoyed herself, mostly because it is easier to organize someone else’s hoarded collection of art supplies than it is to organize your own.

Here is where the transformation began.

1 of my 3 unorganized cabinets

Everything had to be unloaded.  Who knew I had so much stuff?




We purchased clear shoeboxes from The Container Store, the key to the organization plan.  Luckily I went to work while my BFF slaved over all the flotsam and jetsam, which she divided into themes - paper, fabric, jewelry.  The transformation was 90% completed when I returned from work, and the change was remarkable.

Paper

Paper & Jewelry

Fabric

We used 32 shoe boxes.

My BFF started an excellent labeling system!

I have to share the amazing fact that while my BFF was organizing my cabinets she also cooked a large pot of vegetarian chili for our dinner.  It was delicious.  She rocks and I am lucky to have her as a best friend.

The cabinets are finished and I vow to keep them organized.  Maybe next time I go to visit my BFF we can organize her craft room.  Maybe. :)

- christina


3 comments:

  1. I am amazed as the amount of stuff you have to create with…Saturday night, a bottle of wine, and we could complete a couple of amazing pieces! What are you in the mood to create?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Linda, especially since you enjoy drinking wine now. I am in the mood to create something that expresses my joy that school is almost over. Yay, summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this! The before and after photos are great! And yes I did enjoy doing this!!

    ReplyDelete