Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blogs I Like

I just got a new laptop, a Macbook Pro, so I am transferring my "favorites" over to my "bookmarks."  This process requires that I examine every blog I have placed in my favorites to reevaluate its worthiness of being bookmarked. Here is a list of the ones I truly enjoy reading.

Daisy Yellow is the first art journaling blog I discovered.  The author, Tammy, has great "Art Journaling 101" posts as well as lots of ideas for ICAD (Index Card a Day) projects.

Alisa Burke's Redefine Creativity blog is, of course, a favorite.  As I have written in previous posts, I am kind of an Alisa stalker although I do consider myself in recovery since I got to hang out with her at CREATE in California.  No need for Alisa to be afraid.

I recently discovered Donna Downey's Simply Me blog.  I love her Wednesday videos where she shows exactly how she creates her art journaling pages.  Her colors are so bright and invigorating. Her painting style and her video narrations seem to invite you to be her friend.  Heck, she uses pages from romance novels in her collages and I just love that.

Hanna Anderson writes a blog called iHanna filled with art and other creative ideas.

I also follow Alice Bradley's Finslippy blog.  I can't remember how I originally discovered her.  She is a mother and author who writes very cleverly about life's trials and tribulations, including her battle with depression.

I have to include my BFF's favorite blog Elvie Studio by Lori Vliegen. She is a very creative mixed media artist who also has an online lettering class that I am required to take (per my BFF's instructions).  It's on my list of things to do.

If you have blogs that you would like to share, please post a comment.  Enjoy your future reading!
-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment