Thursday, September 6, 2012

ICAD

ICAD stands for Index Card A Day.  I discovered the idea when I was reading the Daisy Yellow Blog I mentioned in the last post.  The idea is that you make art on an index card every day for some period of time.  It can be any type of art on any size index card.  I really wanted to try this because I thought it would be a good challenge that would force me to be creative every day. Of course, I had to recruit some friends to do it with me so that the peer pressure would keep me going.  I was able to talk about 8 friends into joining my ICAD group and we agreed to a month long challenge.  The project would culminate with a final celebration at a local watering hole where we would share our results (yes, I was able to slip wine into my artistic challenge).
My meditating face
 I admit that I was not able to create 30 pieces of art in 30 days.  I completed 25 index cards.  I decided to make each piece different. Some participants kept a common theme, such as pictures of flowers. One person chose greeting cards as her art form.  Another friend drew the same tree in her backyard each day, using different tools and colors, while another decided to make 3D objects out of her cards.  It was an inspiring month and I really loved getting together to share all that the group had made.
Playing with graffiti
Golden fluid acrylics - such bright colors!
I hope my friends will join me in the future for another ICAD project.
-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment