Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mixed Media Bracelets

I was asked to donate some art to a fundraiser and I decided to make 2 bracelets.  These bracelets are made from fabric and buttons.  I use a hair tie as a closure.  It takes me many hours to make one, even though the pattern is quite simple. I enjoy the challenge of sewing tiny scraps of fabric together and then arranging the coordinating buttons.
Mixed media bracelets
I tried something new and added a zipper to another bracelet.  I am not very happy with the way it turned out. The zipper sticks out when the bracelet wraps around my wrist.  I think I will have to glue down the zipper to make it wearable so I will just keep this one rather than sell it.
I tried adding a zipper
Even though I am not thrilled with my zipper bracelet, I am glad I tried something new.  I often think about things I want to try, but I have difficulty executing my ideas.  Sometimes I think about the idea for so long that I talk myself out of actually trying it.  I have 2 black and white bracelets to make for friends in the next few weeks and I want to try adding some ribbons this time.  I hope they look good.
-christina

No comments:

Post a Comment