Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Village


This weekend I unpacked my mother’s Christmas village.  I hadn’t put it up for 2 years, so it was exciting to see all the houses again.  My mother painted each one and she chose the buildings based on her travels.  Her village collection includes a temple from Thailand, a totem pole from Alaska, and a small airport in honor of my father.
 
The houses in this year's village display

The stores in the village


The most unique building in my mother’s village is a pink house that has a name painted on it: The House of Negotiable Affection.  Yes, my mother put a whorehouse in her Christmas village! She loved being unique so the pink house in her village is typically my mother.


The whorehouse from my mother's Christmas village.
My son helped me put the village together this year and he decided that there wasn’t enough room for the pink house.  I have packed it away until next year, but I like knowing that it’s there.  My mother loved it very much and I loved her.

Happy Holidays to everyone.
- christina

2 comments:

  1. Christina, what a lovely way to remember your mother during the holidays. Great Christmas village!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's nice to know that people are out there.
    I hope you have a wonderful holiday.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete