Tuesday, December 17, 2013

What a Sight


A few weeks ago I made an emergency visit to my local art supply store (sometimes a girl just needs a fresh, fine point, black Pitt pen) and this is what I saw.



I actually laughed out loud when I saw the Storm Troopers and the Sand Person in front of Dick Blicks.  As I approached the store I could hear the Storm Troopers talking and their voices were electronically enhanced just like in the movies.  One Trooper was giving the other one directions, “drive down Naperville to Ogden and go east …”  It just seemed so strange and out of place.

It turns out that an artist who had worked on the Star Wars movies was visiting the store on that day.  I was happy to have an explanation as to why those costumed people were hanging around.  As I shopped, the characters came inside (it was pretty cold outside) and one of the Troopers actually asked me if I needed any help finding something.  I was so tempted to ask him to say, “These aren’t the ‘droids you’re looking for” but I controlled my urge and behaved.  The whole experience left me with a big smile on my face – plus, a new pen!

- christina

1 comment: