Wednesday, January 1, 2014

100 Papers


Back in August, I set a goal to paint 100 pieces of paper by the end of 2013.  The good news is that I successfully met my goal!  I did have to work all the way up through New Years Eve to make it happen though (I work best under pressure).  Here is a portion of my collection.




As you may be able to tell from the photos, I started with large pieces of paper and got smaller toward the end.  Yes, I actually counted a tag as 1 piece of paper!  If it had paint on it, then I counted it.

I used my Gelli plate for almost all of the papers.   I think I am getting better at creating with the plate, but I still have to practice more.  I used mostly craft paint and I think my results would have been better if I had used higher quality paint.  I wanted to use up what I had rather than buy new paint.



I’m sure you are wondering what I am going to do with my 100 papers.  When I set my original goal, I decided not to worry about what the final products were going to be.  Creating the painted papers was enough for now and I am happy with the results.  

Perhaps my goal for 2014 should be to create art using 100 pieces of painted paper!  I'm going to think about that for awhile longer before I decide.
- christina

No comments:

Post a Comment